Environmental Economics, Development Economics, Health Economics, and Applied Micro-econometrics
Ph.D., Economics, Santa Barbara, University of California
M.A., Economics, University of California, Santa Barbara
B.A., Economics / Law, Shandong University
1. Zhang, Peng, Junjie Zhang, and Minpeng Chen. 2017. " Economic Impacts of Climate Change on Agriculture: The Importance of Additional Climatic Variables Other than Temperature and Precipitation", Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 83(5): 8-31.
2. Zhang, Peng, Olivier Deschenes, Kyle Meng, and Junjie Zhang. 2018. "Temperature Effects on Productivity and Factor Reallocation: Evidence from a Half Million Chinese Manufacturing Plants", Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 88(3): 1-17. [NBER WP #23991]
3. Olivier Deschenes, Huixia Wang, Si Wang, and Peng Zhang. 2020. "The Effect of Air Pollution on Body Weight and Obesity: Evidence from China", Journal of Development Economics, 145: 102461.
4. Shuai Chen, Faqin Lin, Xi Yao, and Peng Zhang. 2020. "WTO Accession, Trade Expansion, and Air Pollution: Evidence from China's County-Level Panel Data", Review of International Economics, 28: 1020-1045.
5. Joshua S. Graff Zivin, Yingquan Song, and Qu Tang. 2020. "Temperature and High-Stakes Cognitive Performance: Evidence from the National College Entrance Examination in China", [NBER WP #24821] Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 104: 102365.
6. Joshua S. Graff Zivin, Tong Liu, Yingquan Song, Qu Tang, and Peng Zhang. 2020. "The Unintended Impacts of Agricultural Fires: Human Capital in China", [NBER WP #26205] Journal of Development Economics, 147: 102560.
1. Air Pollution and Manufacturing Firm Productivity: Nationwide Estimates for China, with Shihe Fu and V. Brian Viard. Revision requested by the Economic Journal.
Media coverage: Caokaoxiaoxi , Sina, Ifeng, NetEase , Sohu, Hexun, Nanyangpost, Huanqiu, CRNTT, EFE, CGTN, Invertalia, Latin America Herald Tribune, News4Europe
2. The Effect of Air Pollution on Migration: Evidence from China, with Shuai Chen and Paulina Oliva. [NBER WP #24036]
Media coverage: Livemint, VoxDev, EMLab
3. Air Pollution and Mental Health: Evidence from China, with Shuai Chen and Paulina Oliva. [NBER WP #24686]
Media coverage: VoxDev
4. How Extensive are Air Pollution Spillovers? An Application to China's Manufacturing Productivity, with Shihe Fu and V. Brian Viard.
5. Weather, Climate Change, and Land Use: A High-Resolution Analysis, with Jianghao Wang and Junjie Zhang.